Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Family Affair

It is an irresistible temptation to brag to the world about one's children. I'm sure that many of you reading this feel the same. Their intelligence, talent, maturity, and ingenuity are unparalled. They are worthy of the highest praise, and naturally, everyone else should be let in on the secret.

I am so pleased that Rosanna has truly become a family-run business. As most of you know, my husband Mimmo has been the CFO of Rosanna for 13 years; we have run the company together since then. But now, it's not just the two of us.

For the past two months, our son Marco, who graduated from The University of Perugia in Umbria, Italy this fall has been doing financial analysis, accounting, and business planning for us. Next fall, he will begin his graduate work at Bocconi University of Business in Milan, the most prestigious business school in Italy and one of the most well-respected in Europe.

We also have our oldest daughter, Alessandra, working in the office. She is a natural writer and creative thinker, so I've asked her to help me with one of the most exciting new projects we're working on- a book! Alessandra is currently doing research and outlining for the overall vision, concept, and content of the book. She just finished her freshman year of college at George Washington University in Washington, DC. Last week, we were thrilled to find out that she was accepted to Brown University in Rhode Island. She plans to transfer there for her sophomore year.

Finally, my 4th grader Francesca is in the process of designing her OWN tabletop collection! While Alessandra is the writer of the family, Francesca is definitely the artist. Her designs are creative and still retain that wonderful unselfconscious freedom of childhood art. Her collection, Portrait of a Young Artist, will debut Spring 2008.


In world that is going so fast that the days become a blur, I love the fact that I can walk into the next room and see my family. I feel so fortunate to be in this unique position, and to have all of them so near me. Hold your family close. Appreciate the time you have with them. These days, I feel this way more than ever.






www.rosannainc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment